I kept hearing to not obsess over my weight loss. That I am too focused, and the stress about worrying about my weight may be causing too much stress – which then hurts your weight loss efforts. Stress, in general, is bad for everything. It has lasting effects.
This article ins Psychology today explains how stress causes hormones to fire up that don't help your weight loss. We get stressed and we use food for comfort. Stress may cause us to lose sleep (which hurts our efforts).
I really liked this article from Dr. Sarah Gottfried MD where she gave strategies to help:
- Eat nutrient dense food.
- Take the Fish oil (I use Advocare for supplements)
- Contempletive practice is nonnegotiable see study
- Adaptive exercise
- Rhodiola – an herb for lowering cortisol
- Watch yourself for signs of stress
- People won't be happy if you stop overdelivering, but you need to take care of you
Mentioned in this Episode
Advocare Supplements (I love their chocolate protein shakes)