With March around the corner, McDonald's announced that the Shamrock shake is going nationwide. before you get in line, lets look at what's in that mysterious green goo has in store for you.
For a 16 oz. Shamrock Shake…
- 550 calories
- 16 grams of fat (8 of which are saturated, and 1 that’s trans fat)
- 96 grams of carbohydrates
- 72 grams of sugar (or 72/4 = 18 teaspoons of sugar – or put another way 6 TABLESPOONS).
- 13 grams of protein (from the milk)
- 190 mg of sodium
- And then these ingredients for the special Shamrock Shake syrup: high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural plant flavoring (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1.
Here is another way to look at it. It's 26% fat ( 9 calories X 16 grams of fat) / 550 calories.
Here is another way to look at it. You burn 3.8 calories a minute walkign at 4 mph. That means you'll need to walk for 2 hours an d 24 minutes at 4 mph to burn off the calories.