Today I share some insight from chapter three of the book Just 10 LBS: Easy Steps to Weighing What You Want (Finally) which talks about starting a daily practice. Here are some tips.
1. Get rid of the clutter. When your house is a mess its stressful. When you're cleaning you're not sitting on the couch.
2. Start the day thinking about how your day will go. Think about how it will feel to be thin. How you will look. Think about what you will do.
3. Prayer. Studies show people that prayer lost more weight that those who didn't. I believe because you don't feel so alone, and you can rely on God's strength to boost yours.
4. Affirmations – The idea is to get your say started in a positive way.
5. Have the reason WHY you want to lose weight firmly in place.
6. End the day with an attitude of gratitude and think of three things at the end of the that you are grateful for. This could be your Dog, Your Roof, Parents, etc. End the day on a positive note.
7. Focus on the next pound. Not the total amount you need to lose.
When you feel better about yourself then you feel you are worth the effort it takes to lose weight (just thinking positively will not do it alone 🙂 )
Judith Clark from the UK. Thank's for supporting the show Judith.