Fat talk is body-specific speech that focuses on the size, shape, weight, or appearance of someone’s body in relation to being fat or thin
Women who fear becoming fat rate their image lower than women who simply want to be thin. This suggests that fat talk may actually make you feel more insecure about your weight. What’s more, consistent fat talk could inhibit you or others from taking the necessary steps to get healthy.
Here are 31 inspirational phrases to use out loud or in your head to stay on track and kick butt when it comes to living a fulfilling life!
- Work on your weaknesses until they are strengths. Work on your strengths until they are second nature.
- When you feel like giving up, just think of all the people who would love to see you fail.
- Because I can.
- One foot in front of the other.
- “Light.” That one word can mean so many things as I’ve found out during my runs—to literally be lighter on my feet, be lighter on myself (not so critical), or feel the light of fire I have inside to continue.
- Just keep swimming.
- We are meant to use our ‘gifts' to the best of our ability, to help others, and to fulfill our own lives. You are entirely up to you. Make your body. Make your life. Make yourself.
- Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
- I don't need easy. I just need possible.
- I trust myself that I will get there. Not today, but someday. What I can do today is enough.
- Make it happen!
- Wish it. Dream it. Do it.
- Feed the world in your own words.
- I can't change the world—only myself and how I respond to it.
- Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done!
- The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
- Everyone is fighting some kind of battle, so be kind, always.
- Be confident in your abilities and be clueless that failure exists!
- It's my time and I'm ready for the next step.
- You are worth it!
- Positive thinking: progress not perfection.
- One day this will all make sense.
- One choice, one step, one day at a time.
- “No envy, no fear.” (Courtesy of a Joshua Radin song.) It's a perfect reminder that I am right where I need to be, and from here I can go anywhere.
- Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. This is why it is called present.
- It doesn't get easier; you just get stronger.
- Pain is temporary, quitting is forever.
- So I'm not supermom—adjust.
- Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
- Willpower is like a muscle: the more you use it the stronger it gets.
- A girl knows her limits but a wise girl knows she has none.
Creepy Chugay Tongue Surgery
Dr. Chugay was recently on FOX LA News discussing the Chugay Tongue Patch as an alternative to more drastic weight loss methods such as gastric bypass surgery or the lap band. Those methods are extremely expensive with an average cost for lap band at $14-15,000 and $18-35,000 for gastric bypass compared to the Tongue Patch at only $2000. We have had a total of 60+ patients undergo the procedure.
New Fitbit Flex Keeps Your Goals in Front of You
The new Fitbit Flex is a pedometer that you wear on your wrist. It comes in many colors, and is basically the fitbit “One” unit that you wear on your wrist. It tracks calories, distance, active minutes, steps taken, hours slept. It cam wake you with a silent alarm. It is water proof for those who like to job in the rain. It also reminds you if you are not being active enough. The best thing is it wireless syncs with your computer or select smart phone, and posts your information into your fitbit account online (so you can track all of your activity). The Flex has lights on it to let you know how you are doing towards your daily goal. The fitbit website is FREE. The Flex is $99.