In this week's show we talk about using your Amazon device (like a Dot $45, Echo $180 an Amazon Echo Show the Amazon Dash Wand is more for just adding things to your shopping list. We also talk about an article about important it is to log every single bite
Amazon Skills To Help You Stay Healthy
- Nutrition Label: “Alexa, how many calories are in a piece of pizza?” Whether you're meal-prepping or planning to eating at a restaurant, you can use this skill to quickly find the fat, calories, carbohydrate and protein content of virtually any food.
- Fitness Guru: Simply choose upper body, lower body or core, and the Fitness Guru will guide you through exercises and poses to sculpt and strengthen the target area.
- Save the Food: How long do avocados stay fresh? Should you refrigerate asparagus? Save the Food answers these and countless other food storage questions. “This is going to save me the time of going back to the grocery store so frequently, and the money spent on getting the same things every week without storing them properly,” one user raves.
- Breathe Therapy: Use this skill to recharge, de-stress and increase oxygen levels. “This app is perfect for helping you relax and unwind!” says one reviewer. “I love how it guides you through the breathing exercises.”
- Sweet Dreams: Sounds and Meditations for Sleep: Lack of quality sleep can hinder your weight-loss goals. This skill features relaxing sounds to help you fall asleep faster and meditation programs to help clear your mind.
- Health Facts: We can all use some extra motivation to stick to a healthy lifestyle. Health Facts provides interesting information to help you choose the right combination of nutritious foods.
- Water Log: Tell Alexa how much water you're drinking throughout the day and Water Log will track the running total.
- Go Hiking: Use this skill to find hikes based on your location, desired length, and type of environment.
- Is Paleo? On a Paleo diet and wondering if a certain food or ingredient is acceptable or off-limits? Just ask Alexa! This skill has more than 700 items in its database.
- Healthy Habit: Simply tell Alexa to open this skill and she'll deliver a healthy habit to adopt for that day.
- My Workouts: The next best thing to a personal trainer, this skill creates custom workouts tailored to your fitness level and goals, then steps you through each exercise with energizing music.
- Healthy Snack Tips: When time is tight and cravings creep in, use this skill to get tips on making healthier snacking choices.
- 7-Minute Workout: This popular skill serves up bite-sized workouts designed to burn fat, reduce stress and boost energy and metabolism.
- Fitness Facts: Distract yourself from those tempting cravings and grueling workouts with interesting fitness facts. Great for when you’re trying to impress your new gym buddies after your rowing class.
- Sergeant Tabata: Tabata training is a form of high-intensity interval training that consists of eight rounds of 20-second exercise sessions followed by 10-second rest periods. Sergeant Tabata tells you when to work and when to rest.
- Healthy Diet Trivia: Test and build your nutrition knowledge with this fun, interactive nutrition trivia game.
- Recipe Remix: Who doesn't want to cook and cavort at the same time? Recipe Remix reads you delicious recipes step by step, while also playing energizing music to keep you cheerful while you chop.
- Sugarmate: Diabetics can use Alexa to track their latest glucose readings from the Dexcom G5 glucose monitoring system.
- One Rep Max: Alexa will help you find your one-rep max for any weight-lifting exercise, so you can keep challenging yourself to grow stronger.
- Fitness Motivation Quote: When the couch beckons and you're tempted to skip your workout, get a dose of encouragement with a hand-picked motivational quote.
- Daily Pledge: Take a moment each day to focus on your wellness by taking a new pledge for self-improvement
Support the Show
Join the Logical Losers Patreon Group For as little as $1. If you get any value from the program, do consider supporting it